Glossary Terms

A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V
Name Change Amendment

A formal filing with the Secretary of State that changes the original company name. Click here to change your company name.

Name Reservation

The act of filing an official reservation of an entity name with the Secretary of State. Harvard Business Services can reserve names in Delaware for free for 30 days.

Nonresident Alien

A nonresident of the U.S. can form an LLC in Delaware and can avoid paying income taxes or filing tax returns if no U.S. source income is generated and the nonresident alien spent less than 180 days in the U.S. during that tax year.


Harvard Business Services, Inc.
16192 Coastal Hwy. Lewes, DE 19958
1-800-345-CORP /// 1-302-645-7400

Form an llc in Delaware, incorporate, create business in Delaware online or call 1-800-345-2677.


Harvard Business Services, Inc. is a document filing service that provides general information. We can not render legal or financial advice and your use of this site is subject to additional terms and conditions. HBS is not affiliated with Harvard University.